Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fitting Debate: White Jeans in the Winter?

The Right Fits is a blog about fitness, fashion, and fitness fashion. However, it often is heavy on the fitness side. But today, I actually have a fashion post for you!

I follow "Putting Me Together", and I was inspired by her recent post about white jeans in the winter.

I purchased a pair of white ankle length jeans from JCrew  at the end of last summer. I didn't have a lot of time to wear them before summer was over, so I figured they would have to wait for me at the back of my closet until next summer. But alas, Audrey showed me that white jeans can work in winter as well!
source
She paired hers with a navy top and a winter colored scarf. I tried for a similar look for work last week. I paired my JCrew ankle jeans (similar HERE on sale for $59.99) with a gray tunic from Len Druskin (from a few years ago), and a white and gray scarf from Target (similar HERE)

I wore my cognac knee-high boots (similar HERE).

What do you think? Would you wear white in the winter? 
Overall, I think that the white jeans actually do work in the winter! I know that traditionally, you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, but guess what? I think it is the Right Fit!

PS: I bought these white jeans in a size 2 at the end of the summer. The jeans were snug then...but manageable. When I tried them on this week, I could barely squeeze them on over my butt! I had to do some work to stretch the pants out (I followed some of these tips),  I don't think that my diet or exercise has changed drastically over the winter, but apparently it has. Time to cut back on that comfort food!

No comments:

Post a Comment