Friday, March 28, 2014

Fit the Bill: The Lululemon Warehouse Sale

I really wanted to get this post out as soon as possible, so those of you who are local can still #March2MN  towards the @lululemon WHS, or for non-social media-lites, head on down to the Convention Center downtown for the lululemon warehouse sale!

The sale started today, but it goes on through Sunday, 8 am to 7 pm every day. My friend Tricia and I both have busy weekends, so we decided why not just take a 1/2 day of PTO, and go check it out today, right when it opened! I mean, why not use vacation time to go spend some money on more fitness fashion!

So, we arrived a little after 7 am..which was not early enough! 

The line was already through the lobby and out the door. Apparently some people had been there since 2 am, when the doors to the convention center didn't even open until 5 am. Crazy! The actual doors to the actual sale didn't open until 8 am...so, yes, we were out in the cold for about an hour.

The Facebook event information had stated that the line would be inside, and that you couldn't bring in coats or purses, so Tricia left her coat in the car. It was a chilly 26 degrees outside, and we were both pretty cold waiting out there!  (Note to anyone thinking about going- dress warm!)
We finally moved far enough in line to be inside the convention center, and then it was another two hours of waiting. Fortunately, there was a Dunn Brothers coffee nearby, so I ran off to grab us some coffee, while Tricia held our place in line.

And finally, finally, around 10 am, we were the next in line!
When we entered the sale, Tricia and I actually split up, as we both had lists of sizes and items from friends and family. We were girls on a mission!
There were fitting rooms, but I never tried anything on. A lot of people were just changing right there in the open, rather than waiting in the lines for the fitting rooms (which were communal anyways, and let's be honest- most everyone at the sale was female anyways. And who cares!)

There was sort of an open area where people were just piling up their goods to see what they had grabbed, and perhaps to count to see if they were over the 25 item limit! I did the same- I had to remember what all I had grabbed!

It was a little chaotic in there, and I definitely felt a touch of anxiety as I tried to figure out what items I wanted to purchase. There was a lot of frantic texting with my sisters and some friends..but amidst the chaos, it was FUN! Tricia and I both ended up with a lot of great items- some for ourselves, some for our friends and family. It was seriously a blast!

So what kind of deals can you expect at a lululemon warehouse sale? Here are the prices:

So...what did I buy? Let me tell you!

The Bitter BracerNormally $68, found one in my size for just $29!

I bought this tank top for my sister. The exact same one is not online, but based on the price of similar tanks, let's say it would be around $68, and it was $34 at the warehouse. I kind of want to go back on Sunday to buy one for myself!

I bought four pairs of the Run: Inspire Crop II capris- one for each sister who requested them, and one for me! They normally cost $86, but they were only $49 at the warehouse!

Two pair of Astro shorts found their way into my bag. Again, this style was discontinued, but based on similar shorts, let's say they would have run around $58. They were only $29 at the warehouse!

The Run Swiftly long-sleeve shirts are still available at the stores. (I think I saw Yolanda on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills wearing one on last week's episode!) They cost $68 at the store, but I snatched a couple for my sisters for only $44!

Don't you worry, Dustin got in on the fun. He and I both got nice running jackets for jut $74, originally somewhere near $140. Quite a steal! And now we can be twinsies!

I also picked him up a pair of men's running shorts for just $29.

Honestly, a few other random items found their way into my bag, but I managed to stay below the 25 item limit. When I looked at the full price online for similar items, I calculated that I saved close to 50%! These were prices that definitely FIT THE BILL!

Was it worth it?
I think so. It felt like Black Friday- getting up early with a friend, waiting in line, and then snatching up some awesome deals! I had a really fun time, and i think I ended up with really great apparel for a fraction of the price.

Tips?
If a lululemon warehouse sale comes to a city near you, I definitely recommend going- and going early!

  • Go with a list of what you want. 
  • Know your sizes (or your friends sizes) you don't have to waste time in the fitting room. 
  • Plan for a whole day so you can take your time perusing all the racks! Tricia and I both had to get to work at 12, so we were in a bit of a hurry. It would have been nice to be able to really browse at a less frantic pace.
  • Bring a friend to keep you company in line.
  • Bring your sense of fun! They were offering automatic entry for people who volunteered for a dance off, or a twerk-off, or a wall sit competition (I tried to volunteer for that one, but didn't get selected...even after all my practice with my month of wall sits!!!)

There you have it- time for you to #March2MN!

2 comments:

  1. I went to the sale too! Like you said, my best advice is to bring a friend. It can be a blast if you are surrounded by the right people. Also, the deal on Sunday afternoon/evening went to 10 items for $50! Although by then, it was pretty tiny sizes of tanks/shirts and crops in all sizes. Also, I found you on the MN Bloggers Facebook page and I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigette, thanks for reading and commenting! Are you a blogger too? What is your blog? I Love the facebook group, its been so fun to start following more local bloggers.

      Delete