Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Fits Do Race Reviews: The 2014 Memorial Day Pub Run

"The Most Beautiful Urban Pub Run Held in Uptown on the Day Before Memorial Day!"

Sunday was the 5th Annual Memorial Day Pub Run!

This event is not a sanctioned run, nor is it open to the public (Calhoun Beach Running Club members only) but it does have a very sophisticated website: http://memorialdaypubrun.com. Basically, you run from bar to bar, having one beer at each bar. The entire course is just under four miles, ending with a BBQ at a run club member's house. The course was new this year, since our coach Paul doesn't live in Minneapolis anymore. However, even with some changes,  the race went very smoothly, and was a big success! 

It was definitely one of the best pub runs I have run this year. And, as you can read all about HERE, I was an "elite" at this event, ha! My one and only opportunity to be an elite...


You can find lots of additional information on the website, so I'll do this recap primarily via pictures!

 The Start Line!


 The emcee of the Pub Run, Paul

 First stop- Williams Pub!

 Second stop- Liquor Lyle's
 Enjoying a beverage...

 3rd Stop: CC Club

 4th Stop: the VFW

 Memorial Day at the VFW Uptown...I just love this picture!

 5th Stop- Stella's Fish Cafe!


What a fun Sunday!

....and a final bonus support stop on the way back to the host's house for the BBQ.

It was perfect weather for a pub run, and I think everyone had a good time. No race injuries!

I have to admit, I'm probably getting a little old for a pub run. I thought about how hard the whole event probably was on my liver, kidneys, my whole body! I could definitely feel it yesterday morning when we ran the Brian Kraft Memorial Day 5kI ran a PW - personal worst- time at this 5k (I think!) So the pub run is definitely a once a year event for this old lady, but it was still a good time. 

The Memorial Day Pub Run is a unique event- definitely a 10/10 in the pub run category!

No comments:

Post a Comment