Monday, May 26, 2014

Fulfilling my Summer Bucket List: Taylors Falls and More!

I spent last Saturday fulfilling a few items on my Minneapolis Summer Bucket List. I checked three items off my list in one day- not too shabby!

After a morning run with Matilda and my friend Kelly, Dustin and I packed up the Volvo to head to Taylors Falls. It was over an hour drive, but it went by quickly, as we passed through a couple of cute little towns.

We arrived at Taylors Falls, i.e. Interstate State Park around 12:30, and spent about two hours hiking around the park with Matilda.

There are glacial potholes to view and plenty of trails for hiking. The park is a also very popular place for rock climbing and bouldering.


I think we ALMOST wore Matilda out...I mean, she did start the day with a 7 mile run, and then 2 hours of hiking!

But we weren't done yet...

We made a quick stop at the Taylors Falls drive-in for a late lunch (Tilda did get a few small bites of my hamburger!) The old-school drive-in was quite charming really, but be prepared for a bit of a wait, as the burgers and sandwiches are made to order. However, the food was worth the wait. After a full day, an old-fashioned burger hit the spot.

Before heading back to Minneapolis, we stopped at the Franconia Sculpture Park, 
which definitely exceeded my expectations!

This park was so much fun! I could not believe how big the park is...there is so much to see.

It's dog-friendly (on a leash) and would also be a lot of fun for kids, as most of the art pieces are interactive or "climbable."


Matilda is quite cultured, right? Spending her Saturday enjoying the arts, ha! Honestly, she was much more interested in all the field mice she was sniffing out.

Dustin definitely enjoyed climbing on the artwork.


I highly recommend the Franconia Sculpture Park for adults, kids, dogs, whomever!

Have you been to Taylors Falls, the drive-in, or Franconia Sculpture Park? What did you think? Let me know!

Stay tuned for a recap of the 2014 Memorial Day Pub RUN, the Brian Kraft Memorial Day 5k, and the Endless Summer Trail Series French Park 5k!

No comments:

Post a Comment