Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fresh New Fit (for me): Bangs....

By Cool J

Happy Sunday blog community!
After a busy weekend with my sister visiting last weekend, the D-man and I were happy to take it easy this weekend, so we didn't make a ton of social plans. Of course, we ran with the Calhoun Beach Running Club Saturday morning (in the fun, sloshy rain). Then I headed to NE Mpls for a haircut at Salon StellaI had been debating something drastic..maybe a pixie cut like Anne Hathaway's?


...but I was talked out of it by multiple parties. Instead, I went with bangs and a trim.

Bangs are a very easy way to switch up your hairstyle without making a long term commitment, (such as the one that would have come with a pixie cut!) Unless you have frequent bang trims, bangs will grow out quickly, so if you don't like them, you won't have to wait too long before they're gone.
However, they do give you a fresh new look when you're in need of a change. 

{Matilda has been all about the photo-bombing these days!}

{Tilda isn't sure what to think of the bangs...she looks skeptical} 

Are you considering a drastic hairstyle change? My hairdresser's advice to me was to ensure that I consider a few things...

1) Short hair means a lot more maintenance in terms of frequent haircuts. I'd have to come in every 1-2 months to maintain. Did I want to make that type of commitment?
2) Did I really want a pixie cut, or was I just in a rut in my style routine? Did I just need something different? 
3) The "growing out" stage could be long, and not always pretty. Did I think I'd want the pixie cut just for a short time, and have to move right into that awkward stage, or would I keep it for awhile?
3) Lastly, she suggested that we work into the shorter hairstyle, rather than jump into potential "I hate my hair" territory right away.

So, bangs and a trim instead this time around! 

I'm off to see Anna Karenina with some book club friends. We didn't read the book, but hey, it's based on a book...why not have a book club outing to see it? 

*Anyone see this movie yet? What did you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment