Sunday, September 29, 2013

Throwing a Fit: Capes

By LL 


This is LL in KC, covering the blog for Jess while she is in Berlin. It has been awhile since I’ve blogged (last post was here on classy animal print). My work life has become a lot more hectic. My fitness and fashion isn’t falling by the wayside, but to make sure it doesn’t, my blogging has gone down. Big thanks to Jess for running the show!

So even though I haven’t been able to blog, I’ve still had time to throw a fit about some of the awesome fall fashion for 2013. If you are new to the blog, then you are not that familiar with my passion for autumn (the sophisticated side of fall). Pumpkin Spice Lattes (my guilty pleasure in cooler temps), wool sweaters, boots, suedes, scarves and, capes? Yes, capes!

I am throwing a fit for this transitional piece of outerwear. It can be worn as an outer layer or as the primary statement piece. Take a peek at some of the 2013 cape looks from the Runway: 


{From Stylecaster.com}


Here are some more budget-friendly options for those of us who can only drool over Derek Lam. 

{Lands End on sale for $89.99}

{Cole Haan for $374.99}

{Modcloth for $150}

{H&M for $59.99}

Some people I've spoken to about capes say they feel they are too boxy and unflattering on a wider frame. I think the belted option is a good solution to accentuating the waist and eliminating that boxy feel. In addition, I think that a larger shaped cape should be paired with skinny jeans/pants. It is important to keep in mind proportions when deciding whether to pair a cape with skirts.

Stay tuned and see what type of cape I end up getting for the season. 



No comments:

Post a Comment